- Grades K-2: Ms. Lynaugh at 516-531-3633
- Grades 3-5: Ms. Milom at 516-962-1008
- Grades 6-8: Ms. Collazo at 516-847-4497
P.S./I.S. 49 Contact Protocol for Remote Learning
Dear P.S./I.S. 49 Families:
Please know that we are committed to doing all we can to support your child when we transition to remote learning on Monday, March 23, 2020. While this transition will have some impact on home/school communication, the following should help to minimize that impact.
- Please monitor the DOE website at https://www.schools.nyc.gov/
- Please monitor our school’s website at https://www.49online.org/
- All teachers will be utilizing an online platform to provide instruction and instructional materials. You should check teacher websites at https://www.49online.org/ for directions on how to access these platforms. Keep in mind that students in grades 5-8 have been working on these platforms for some time so they should be familiar with their use.
- You should email your child’s teacher directly with specific questions related to instruction or the online resources provided.
- You can email the parent coordinator, Ms. Agrinsoni at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 646-410-3930 if you have general questions or are not sure who to contact.
- You can email the school secretaries for general information or to be directed to the appropriate staff member at the following addresses:
- Viglietta, our guidance counselor can be reached at email@example.com if you would like to arrange for your child to speak to a guidance counselor.
- Grade specific concerns that may require attention by an administrator can be brought to the following assistant principals:
- K-2: Ms. Snell firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3-5: Mr. Rampartap email@example.com
- 6-8: Ms. Deleo firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am also available via email at email@example.com if I can be of any assistance, you should not hesitate to contact me.
- All parents and guardians are respectfully reminded not to post anything except student work on an online platform used by P.S./I.S. 49 staff.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this difficult time. We are here for you and your child but I hope that you understand that we are learning this new instructional model as we implement it. It will not be perfect but we will work very hard to provide the best instructional, and social-emotional supports possible. I know that with your support we will succeed in this endeavor!