I hope that this letter finds you all well. Thank you very much for your incredible support and hard work during remote learning. As you may be aware the Department of Education has issued citywide guidance on this year’s grading policy. The information below outlines how this will impact our school community.
· All students will receive a 3rd marking period grade in accordance with our normal grading policy. (Grades of 1-4 in K-2; Numerical Grades in 3-8).
· The fourth and final grade will be one of the following: MT (Meets Standards); N (needs improvement); NX (Grades 6-8 only for students whose work is insufficient to give a final grade). No student will receive a final numerical average.
· Please note that this policy aligns directly with the DOE guidance and we do not have the latitude to adapt if for our school.
· In all cases a holistic approach will be used to determine students’ grades. No student will be penalized as a result of the transition to remote learning.
· At this time we anticipate that there will be a limited summer program. Students who are below standards may be required to attend. We do not know the scope of the program or if it will be done remotely.
Please feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Stay well and remain 49Strong!
The Dorothy Bonawit Kole School
LOCATION 63-60 80th Street Middle Village, NY NY •PHONE 718-326-2111 •FAX 718-894-3026•Site Map
LOCATION 63-60 80th Street • Middle Village, NY NY
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact the parent coordinator, Ms. Diaz Ossa to request assistance.