We have put together a list of recommended links and articles that we have found to be useful for parents during this time. We know that these times could be challenging for parents as well and we are here to support you! We will be updating this weekly! Hope you find these useful to you and your family! :)
- Public Broadcasting System How to Talk To Your Kids About Coronavirus
- Self Care - Self Care Link
- NASP Talking to Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- Managing Stress - Managing Stress Link
- Coping During COVID-19: Coping During COVID-19 Link
- The NYC EAP - New York City Employee Assistance Program
- Thrive NYC - ThriveNYC’s new guide
- Dealing with Stress - Managing Stress
- 5 Ways to Manage Stress During the Coronavirus Outbreak
Check out Headspace, a great tool to help you meditate - you can download the app on your phone or iPad: Headspace
NEW: There are several webinars being offered for free. Great tools to help guide us during these times. The webinars are hosted by expert clinicans at Hassenfeld Childen's Hospital at NYU Langone. Here is the link to check them out, there are several ones each week! Upcoming Child Study Center Webinars
FUN THINGS TO DO AT HOME WITH YOUR FAMILY: Here is a link that has many fun activites that you and your families can do at home together! Fun Activities
Things you can do to support yourself
• Take breaks from watching, reading, or listening to news stories, including social media. Hearing about the pandemic repeatedly can be upsetting.
• Take care of your body. Take deep breaths, stretch, or meditate. Try to eat healthy, well-balanced meals, exercise regularly, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol and drugs.
• Make time to unwind. Try to do some other activities you enjoy.
• Connect with others. Talk with people you trust about your concerns and how you are feeling.
-Ms. Martinez + Ms. Viglietta
Parents and Students:
If you have any questions, or need any help- Please feel free to call me at (646) 283-8127 Monday to Friday 8:00am- 3:00pm
Please log into my Google Classroom using the code bqt6rqw for Activities and Lessons!
Please update your High School Decisions by the end of May.
If you received only 1 offer- you are automatically assigned to that school in September.
If you received an offer to a Private School or a Specialized school as well as your main round offer- you MUST email me and let me know where you will be attending in September.
Monitor your waitlists in the upcoming months, as seats may become available. IF YOU ACCEPT A WAITLIST OFFER, PLEASE NOTIFY ME ASAP AND LET ME KNOW WHICH SCHOOL YOU WILL BE ATTENDING.
You can email me at anytime with questions!