3rd and 4th Grade Theatre- Silent Film Guidelines
DUE FRIDAY 22, 2021
1. Create a conflict, 3 tactics, and a resolution for your film
2. Think about how and where you can record your silent movie.
3. Decide how many characters you need. (You MUST be one of the characters). Ask your family, if they are willing to participate in and record the silent film.
4. Create a title that helps the audience understand the conflict or what the film will be about.
5. Create a title card, end card, and dialogue cards. Use a black marker to be easily visible on camera. The dialogue cards should help the audience understand the plot better.
6. Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse!!! Make changes, if needed, and then rehearse some more.
7. Film your silent movie using a cell phone or iPad, if possible. Have fun and do it many times. Pick the best one and delete the rest.
8. Change the film to silent, black and white, and add music. Don't forget to hit DONE or SAVE, depending on your device. iPhones/iPads will need to use iMovie or another app to add the music.
9. Complete the list of 1-14 items (see picture below). WRITE YOUR NAME ON IT.
10.Take a picture of your list.
11. Upload your Silent Film and picture of your list onto www.mediafire.com. NO NEED TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT or give ANY personal information.
12. Copy the link and paste it into an email. Email it to Mrs. Heron- firstname.lastname@example.org Write your name and grade in the subject line.
The Gingerbread Man Performances for Grades K-2 Theatre Students
Students, please memorize your lines and rehearse without the script by Tuesday, 1/19. Also, have your character picture ready by Tuesday.
Parents, I would like to have a dress rehearsal for every group before recording the final performances. The groups may vary due to absences or latenesses. The rehearsals may take a few class periods, depending on the class size and distractions. If possible, during rehearsals and performances, set your child up in a quiet area where they can really focus and follow along the script. They can have a copy of the script off camera, if needed. They have been working so hard and I want to make sure they all can be seen and heard.
Below you can print the updated script pages. There are several documents:
2. Script pages 1-3 (updated)
3. The song for following characters only- the Old Woman, Dog, Horse and Cow