National Junior Honor Society 2019-2020
National Junior Honor Society
Important Information for Current NJHS Members
2019-2020 School Year
As a reminder, membership in the National Junior Honor Society is based on four pillars:
In order to remain in good standing with the National Junior Honor Society, you must meet the following requirements throughout the entire school year.
Scholarship and Character:
- Have a weighted average of 92% or higher each marking period
- Receive at least an 88% in ALL classes
- Receive an E or S in the conduct category on your report card in ALL
- Display positive behavior throughout the school at all times
- In addition to maintaining grades and showing positive conduct, you must also complete 20 service hours.
- The service hours can be completed in school or out of school.
- Throughout the year we will arrange some opportunities to obtain service hours through the NJHS, but a majority of the hours must be completed on your own.
We will hold National Junior Honor Society meetings throughout the year to discuss possible service projects as well as character building activities for the school. Attendance at the meetings is mandatory. If you are unable to attend a meeting, please let us know in advance. If you are absent, please see one of us to discuss what you missed. Listen to the morning announcements for upcoming meetings and come ready to share your ideas!
If you have any questions, please feel free to come talk to us or email us:
We are looking forward to a great year!
Mrs. Zak: email@example.com
Mrs. Licitra: Llicitr@schools.nyc.gov
Mrs. Woo: firstname.lastname@example.org