************UPDATE******************Dear Parents,Please note the following updates to our contact protocols. We have added three phone numbers that you can use to contact our secretaries if necessary. Please note that these numbers will be available from 8:00 to 2:00 each day. It is best to continue to use your child's teacher as your primary contact but you can reach out one of the secretaries if you have a question. Each secretary will handle incoming calls for specific grade bands as indicated below:
I ask that you use discretion in calling the secretaries as they each have only one phone line. Email continues to be the most efficient means of communication and all addresses on the Contact Protocol sheet are checked regularly.Stay well.Mr. Carty
- Grades K-2: Ms. Lynaugh at 516-531-3633
- Grades 3-5: Ms. Milom at 516-962-1008
- Grades 6-8: Ms. Collazo at 516-847-4497
P.S./I.S. 49 Contact Protocol for Remote Learning
Dear P.S./I.S. 49 Families:
Please know that we are committed to doing all we can to support your child when we transition to remote learning on Monday, March 23, 2020. While this transition will have some impact on home/school communication, the following should help to minimize that impact.
- Please monitor the DOE website at https://www.schools.nyc.gov/
- Please monitor our school’s website at https://www.49online.org/
- All teachers will be utilizing an online platform to provide instruction and instructional materials. You should check teacher websites at https://www.49online.org/ for directions on how to access these platforms. Keep in mind that students in grades 5-8 have been working on these platforms for some time so they should be familiar with their use.
- You should email your child’s teacher directly with specific questions related to instruction or the online resources provided.
- You can email the parent coordinator, Ms. Agrinsoni at email@example.com or call her at 646-410-3930 if you have general questions or are not sure who to contact.
- You can email the school secretaries for general information or to be directed to the appropriate staff member at the following addresses:
- Viglietta, our guidance counselor can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to arrange for your child to speak to a guidance counselor.
- Grade specific concerns that may require attention by an administrator can be brought to the following assistant principals:
- K-2: Ms. Snell email@example.com
- 3-5: Mr. Rampartap firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6-8: Ms. Deleo email@example.com
- I am also available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if I can be of any assistance, you should not hesitate to contact me.
- All parents and guardians are respectfully reminded not to post anything except student work on an online platform used by P.S./I.S. 49 staff.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during this difficult time. We are here for you and your child but I hope that you understand that we are learning this new instructional model as we implement it. It will not be perfect but we will work very hard to provide the best instructional, and social-emotional supports possible. I know that with your support we will succeed in this endeavor!