Unit 1: Energy Conversions
Chapter 1: What happened to the electrical system the night of the Ergstown blackout?
- What is a system is and how do parts within a system interact?
- How can we make a simple electrical system and investigate how the parts of the electrical systems interact and function together?
- What is electrical energy and which types of devices require this form of energy?
- What are the different forms of energy?
- How can we make an argument based on evidence about what happened to the electrical system the night of the Ergstown blackout?
Energy Simulation: https://apps.learning.amplify.com/energyconversions/ .
Directions on how to access the Simulation:
Log in with Ampligy
Lesson 1.1 : Introduction to Ergstown
Lesson 1.2: What is a system?
Lesson 1.3: What are the parts of the electrical system?
Lesson 1.4: What is electrical energy? What devices use electrical energy?
Lesson 1.5: What are the different forms of energy?
Lesson 1.6: Writing an argument about the Ergstown blackout
Lesson 1.7 : What are energy converters?
Lesson 1.8 : How much energy does an electrical system need?
Systems and Energy video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZVo_AuvXBQ