Unit 0: Scientists at Work
- How can we become experts on how to properly use the tools commonly used by scientists?
- How can we demonstrate mastery of using science tools correctly?
- How can we investigate items in a basket to determine how they are similar and different to help classify them into groups?
- How can we identify the steps of the scientific method and place them in the proper order?
- How can we differentiate between dependent, independent, and control variables as well as identify each in a given experiment?
- How can we follow the steps of the scientific method to test whether the heads or tails side of a quarter will hold the most drops of water?
- How can we share the results from an experiment by illustrating our data through a graph?
- How can we work through the steps of the scientific method to determine which size Alka Seltzer will cause a film canister lid to shoot the greatest distance?
Unit 0 Vocabulary: Vocabulary
Lesson 1 and 2: Scientific Tools PPT
Lesson 3: The Scientific Method (video watched in class)
Lesson 3 and 4: Sci Method and Variables PPT
Lesson 4 resource: Can you name that variable game