Unit 3 - Opinion/Persuasive Writing
Persuasive Writing Unit 3
PERSUASIVE WRITING is defined as presenting reasons and examples to influence action or thought. Effective persuasive writing requires a writer to state clearly an opinion and to supply reasons and specific examples that support the opinion.
Our Persuasive Writing Focus Questions:
1. What does it mean to persuade?
2. How can I introduce my topic so that my opinion is clear to my reader?
3. How can develop ideas, reasons, facts, and details that support my opinion?
4. What is the difference between facts and opinions?
5. How can I provide a concluding statement that fits with the opinion and reasons I presented?