Shared Reading Songs and Poems
Welcome to our Shared Reading Page! Here you will find the lyrics to all of the songs and poems that we do each week in class. Most of the songs, and some of the poems are on our Podcast for you to listen to and enjoy at home! You can also download the lyrics.
The songs can be listened to from the "My Podcasts" link.
Click on the title of the song or poem on the right to view or download the lyrics/text.
Your child’s shared reading homework will be the poems and songs that we’ve been working on together in school. Over the week, please encourage your child to “read” several of the shared readings (new and old). As the week progresses your child will become more familiar with the songs and poems. Please check the top of the new song and/or poem for the assignment. Assignments should be completed by Friday.
Many of the children will be reading the shared readings from memory. As the year progresses, you will notice that they begin to attend more to the words.
Some ways you can help your child are by:
- Joining in with them while they read
- Asking them to find words that begin with certain letters (ex. Find a word that starts with “M”)
- Asking them to look for words they know
- Having them retell the song or poem
- Having them point under the words as they read
- Having them draw a picture of what the song or poem makes them think about or see in their mind (envisioning)HAPPY SINGING!!!